Thursday 10 December 2015

Lagos To Abuja - Journey by Road - Motor Park Experience

Hahaha.
Life in Logos, yours truly left her home by 5am and headed to Jibowu.
Got there by 5:40am, and happily entered a sienna as I do not like buses.
There were 4 loading and all had up to 4 pessangers seated.
I settled for the one with an "empty front seat".
I think that is when I should have known that something was wrong...
Why would a car of 7 seating capacity have 4 passengers and d front seat is still empty?

One guy came from nowhere and said auntie, come enter this one, I looked at him like, wetin be your own inside....you know that "side eye" look- the type Stella Dimoko Korkuds gives...lol

Before my very eyes, one moved... I was asked to pay 7k, see me saying 7k bawo?  Na 5k o (covers face).
Hubby said, you know there is no fuel just give them and I said no, I will give 6k.
At least this is not my first experience with this guys,  some other person would pay 4k today. Lol
I ended up dropping 6k sha...now u know u can price bus fare. Lol.

The wait for that special pessanger started or so I thought. Na 1 remain, no Na 2 was all I was hearing.
And said well in 30mins we should take off.. That's 7am at most.

Oh! How wrong I was.

2nd sienna loaded and left and the same boy from "no where" came again and gave me the ntoor look ... Lol.
I just looked off. By the way, I no get him time.

Mumsy started, why did u join sienna, why road, why didn't you leave ur house early, did u pray, is your husband with u, what is the plate number of the vehicle . When will u people leave?????????  Had to look for a quiet place to pick her call and by d time I was back, the old man sitting behind had gone... Haaaaaa

Someone else walked up to me and said front seat is not for women. See me asking for my money and they offered to give me papas seat! Hian,  where is papa?

Afterall papa was no passenger,  lol. He just sat there to make the vehicle filled up to encourage people like me... I couldn't cry, hubby had gone to work and I was by myself.

Past 8 and we needed 5 people to fill up d vehicle... So it was just I and a matured lady that were passengers Afterall.

I looked at my watch and it was 9am...I was still seated waiting for people to join us.
Who would be travelling from Lagos to Abuja and would still be at home by 9am???

Somehow someone just showed with bail of cloths for waybill,  that's how the back seat was bought and collapsed, 3 people showed up and started fighting for who would get in first...lol

Yours truly was fuming inside and asking what they were doing when I left my home by 5am... Lol
By 10am, we moved.

Did I mention where papa came back and we spoke on something?
Well, let me leave that for part 2.

Xoxo
Bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment